Getting your tot their very own toddler table and chairs set not only provides them with their own place to play and be creative, it also helps develop practical life skills and promoting healthy eating habits.
There are plenty of benefits that come with providing your toddler with their own set of table and toddler chair or stools, especially if you are looking for ways to make them sit at one place, create healthy sibling interaction and household participation. Additionally, it can support independent eating, build postural control, and promote preschool readiness skills!
With so many children’s table and chair options out there, including activity tables, safety and comfort are key. Opt for versatile, sensory-friendly furniture in wood or plastic for your little one. Be sure to choose a set that allows your toddler to sit up straight with their feet firmly planted to the ground.
• Best toddler table for versatility - Stokke MuTable V2
• Best IKEA toddler table and chairs - IKEA MAMMUT table and chairs
• Best wooden toddler table and chairs - KidKraft Round Wooden Storage Table with 2 Chairs
Below we've listed some of the top-rated toddler table and chair sets so you can find the right fit for your child.
10 of the best toddler table and chairs
Best table with interchangeable tops
Stokke MuTable V2 Wooden Kids' Play is one of the most versatile activity tables packed with
- Sturdy with a solid construction
- Chairs and table storage bag sold separately
Best IKEA toddler table and chairs
Made from Polypropylene plastic, this set offers young ones a creative corner to do arts and craft
- Recyclable and value for money
- Can be used for outdoor activities too.
- Some reviews mentioned that certain foods stained the plastic.
Best wooden toddler table and chairs
Crafted of long-lasting, premium and sustainable materials this durable table and chairs set will
- Storage net included
- Easy to clean
- Some reviews mentioned they received the wrong screws for assembly
Best personalised toddler table and chairs set
With a classic wooden neutral Skandi design, this tasteful toddler table and chairs set can be
- Sturdy design
- Modern wooden frame
- Personalised for an extra special touch
- Some reviews were disappointed with the table top and found it hard to wipe down
Best stackable table and chairs set
Stackable design kid table in white with two pencils holders and a draughts pattern is made with
- Does not require assembly
- Can be used indoors or in gardens
- Made from plastic and may endure scratches over long period of use.
Best toddler table and chairs with storage
This children’s table and chairs is perfect for kids to eat, play and draw or read at. The table
- Storage included
- Great for crafting
- Some reviews found the assembly tricky
Best toddler table with easel
The sturdy table and chair set with a magnetic whiteboard is great for children to sit down/stand
- For kids up to the age of 6 years
- Comes with Non-slip mat to ensure sturdiness
- Some testers found it hard to clean
Best adjustable height toddler table and chairs
Available in two colourways including white and grey and white and green, this modern table and
- Easy to assemble
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Some reviews had trouble with the chairs being too low for the table
Best colourful table and chairs set
Ideal for 2 years and older (up to age 5 or 6) this set is ideal as a first table and chair set
- Bright and colourful design
- Two chairs included in set
- Plastic can be scratched
Best toddler table and slide
Patented 3-in-1 innovation, featuring a full slide with safety sides and a Montessori table
- Multifunctional set that is durable
- Removable side bars
- Parents need to help to move it from slide to table and vise-versa
Why do children benefit from a toddler table and chairs?
When your kids have to hang around waiting for you in order to be able to get things done, they lose out on a chance to be proactive and independent, so if they have a table that they can access easily without your help it expands the developmental interactions your child can have with their immediate environment through context-learning. Also known as Montessori method of learning, the focus is on the use of space and objects to help children learn from a young age the importance of sharing, collaboration, and perseverance.
How do I get my toddler to stay at the table?
Make mealtimes engaging by offering a variety of foods, and involving your toddler in table-setting tasks to hold their interest. Set clear expectations and gently redirect their attention if they wander, reinforcing that mealtime is a time to stay at the table and enjoy food together.
Are stools or chairs better for toddlers?
Depending on the need of the child, one may choose a sturdy piece of furniture appropriate for the child’s age and height. There is no one-size-fits-all answer but it may be beneficial to have both options available in your home to cater to different activities and stages of your child's development. Additionally, always supervise your child when they are using seating options to ensure their safety.
Rudra Mulmule is a freelance journalist dedicated to crafting engaging and informative articles that captivate readers and deliver high-quality content. She's particularly passionate about culture, social issues, and lifestyle. A an auntie she also loves to find products that new parents love.