A nappy organiser is essentially a caddy that helps you keep all those little bits and bobs for nappy changes in one place, so there's no rooting about looking for wipes or nappy rash cream. It also makes it a lot easier to see which bits you're running out of so you can stock up on your next shop.
Changing your baby's nappy is a job you could probably do (and regularly do!) in your sleep. And while you might have all the components to get the job done, getting the right storage can make all the difference. If you haven't added a nappy organiser to your home, you're definitely missing a trick.
Not only do they keep things neat and tidy, nappy organisers make everything portable – so you're not restricted to the changing table. All you have to do is pick the right colour, size, and design for you and your home, then get to utilising your new, favourite parenting hack.
• Best nappy caddy with multiple pockets: Hinwo Baby Diaper Caddy - Buy now on Amazon
• Best nappy caddy basket: Cotton Rope Baby Nappy Storage Basket - Buy now on Amazon
• Most stylish nappy caddy: CatcherMy Foldable Felt Storage Bag - Buy now on Amazon
• Best hanging nappy caddy: Hanging Nappy Organiser - Buy now on Amazon
We've put together a list of our favourite nappy caddies, featuring designs to suit any home. Each nappy organiser has been chosen with the value, quality, and features considered, so you can keep changing your little one's nappies as stress-free as possible.
The best nappy organisers to buy
Best nappy caddy with multiple pockets
One of Amazon's best sellers, there are a whopping 10 invisible pockets around this nappy
- Detachable and foldable divider divides the large main compartment into 3 parts
- Adorable star print
- Some reviewers found the pockets were a little tight
Best nappy caddy basket
Opt for something a little different with a basket design, a definite stylish addition to your
- Easy to clean
- Base could be more sturdy
Most stylish nappy caddy
- Durable design
- Great value
- No other colour options
Best hanging nappy caddy
Although we wouldn't recommend hooking this hanging nappy organiser on your baby's cot, it's ideal
- Simple height adjustment
- Easy to clean
- Some reviewers felt it wasn't sturdy enough
Most sturdy nappy caddy
A top rated seller on Amazon, the adorable 3 Sprouts Baby Nappy Caddy comes in three different
- Large capacity
Best portable nappy caddy
While many nappy caddies tend to go for an open design, this ELFGUS Portable Baby Diaper Caddy
- Easy to disassemble, fold, and store
- 100% cotton
- Fairly basic
Best personalised nappy caddy
Nappy caddies make the perfect baby shower gifts for expecting mums so why not get a personalised
- Great gift idea
- Limited stock
What to consider when picking a nappy organiser?
Size - Will it carry everything you need it to? Will it fit in different spots around the house? Make sure the caddy you choose works for you and your space when it comes to the overall size.
Colour - Not only do you want a colour that suits your nursery/home, you'll also want a colour that doesn't get dirty too easily and won't be too hard to clean if it does get dirty.
Design - Similar to colour, you want your nappy caddy to suit your style, while still being practical. Do you want quite a few pockets or just different sections? Do you want the handles in a specific place for easy holding?
Price - Every parent knows that sticking to a budget can be incredibly important so make sure the nappy organiser you pick is within yours. When choosing the picks above, we were sure to consider the prices.
What do you put in a nappy organiser?
Our favourite organising queen Mrs. Hinch recently shared what she stores in her baby caddy, that she picked up from eBay, as she prepared to welcome her second child. She took to Instagram to reveal how she had packed her own felt nappy caddy with baby essentials. It's up to you whether you need to be as thorough, but as long as you have the main bits you need to make your life easier when welcoming baby home.
• Nappies (obviously!)
• Nappy sacks
• Antibacterial hand sanitiser
• A rattle for distraction purposes
• Nail kit
How do you organise a nappy caddy?
Everyone has a different set-up and routine with their children, so each parent will have a different way they want/need to organise their nappy caddy. But if you're looking for some organisational inspo, we've put together just a few tips and tricks to help you keep on top of thinks as easily as possible.
• When you're stocking up your caddy for the first time, come up with a system that works for you. Maybe the nappies should be front and centre with smaller items in side pockets? Maybe wipes need their own section?
• Give your nappy organiser a good wipe down or clean every couple of days (or at least once a week - time can get away from us). After all, when it comes to nappy changes, things are bound to get messy from time to time.
• Try to restock your caddy every night so you're ready for any night changes and the morning. It will help you avoid reaching for something mid change and it not being there - trust us, 'been up since 4am you' will thank you for it.
• This won't be suited to everyone, but you can write a little checklist of everything you need in your nappy organiser. This can be helpful when you're in a rush and want to make sure you've definitely got everything ready to go.
Emily Gilbert is a Digital Writer for Mother&Baby and has written for the website and previously the magazine for six years. Specialising in product reviews, Emily is the first to know about all the exciting new releases in the parenting industry.