Red Nose Day is back on Friday 17 March 2023. Here's what's happening this year and how to join the thousands of people up and down the country getting involved.
Who will be presenting Comic Relief 2023?
The epic three-hour fundraising favourite will entertain the nation with hilarious sketches, live performances, big surprises and stunning music acts, whilst raising much-needed cash for good causes at home and across the world.
Presenting live from the studio across the night will be AJ Odudu, David Tennant, Joel Dommett, Paddy McGuinness and Zoe Ball.
What's on TV for Comic Relief
Comic Relief related programming announced by the BBC includes...
In a special version of the hit psychological gameshow, The Traitors, a star-studded roundtable gathers to decide who should be banished. Claudia Winkleman (played by Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders and Mary Berry) assembles the celebrity ‘Faithful’ and ‘Traitors’ for a discussion full of twists and turns. Which famous faces will be under the cloaks and who will be revealed as the ultimate Traitor?
When Comic Relief Did Big Brother (And things really kicked off!)
10pm, BBC Two
"In 2001, six celebrities entered the Big Brother house in aid of Comic Relief. It was eight days that had the nation hooked and helped raise millions of pounds. 22 years on since the original broadcast, winner Jack Dee and fellow housemates Vanessa Feltz, Claire Sweeney, Keith Duffy and Anthea Turner take a look back at this extraordinary moment in television history. From dancing in underpants to Vanessa writing on the furniture and Jack Dee's great escape, revisit where celebrity reality TV was born."
Comic Relief: The Best of the Best Bits
10.40pm, BBC One
"Comic Relief turns 35 this year and we're donning our retro-spectacles for some Red Nose-talgia and ransacking the BBC archives for some of the very best bits from Red Nose Day history! Expect some classic sketches, star cameos, one-off specials; prime ministers, A-listers, legends joining the doyennes, divas, rogues and rascals from the top table of British comedy talent in this giddy 60-minute rampage through three and a half daft decades of fun and fundraising."
In a historical first, the much-loved children's TV show Blue Peter will become Red Peter.
"The special episode will not only see the iconic blue turn to red but the Blue Peter team will be pulling out all the stops to make it a jam-packed Red Nose Day extravaganza not to miss, with world record attempts, challenges, musical performances and much, much more."
Baldrick's Bedtime Story
We’ll see the exclusive return of one of the nation’s most beloved comedy characters – Baldrick – as he reads his very own ‘Blackadder’ Bedtime Story.
Emma, Oti and Rylan's Big Red Nose Day Challenge
9pm, BBC One, Tuesday 14th March
A documentary following Emma Willis, Oti Mabuse and Rylan's turbulent trek to the top of Cairn Gorm Mountain in the wintry Scottish Highlands to raise money for Red Nose Day.
• Hold a classic fundraising bake sale – in person, or by taking orders and delivering directly to friends or neighbours. As well as raising some dough, you’ll be adding a sprinkle of joy to their day.
• Make your best day ever red. Donate to dress up or dress down, the only rule is red, red, red.
• Pick a theme and showcase your best fancy-dress at work. Ask everyone to pay to enter, and even source prizes for the best dressed.
• Does your best day ever involve pushing yourself to the limits? Get sponsored to take on an epic challenge, on your own or as a family – think anything from a 24- hour disco-a-thon toskipping a 5K.
• Whatever you’re passionate about - from online gaming to knitting tea cosies - host a fundraising party to bring people together and do what you love. Charge for tickets, and ask for donations.
• Invite your neighbours, friends and family, grab some tasty snacks, line up a game or twoand prepare to play some classic tunes. Then ask for donations on the door and have the best party ever for Red Nose Day!
• Host the best quiz ever with a little help from the nation’s favourite quizmaster Jay Flynn MBE. Register to get Jay’s exclusive Red Nose Day quiz.
• Which dance move will Ellie Taylor bust out for Red Nose Day? Register to get the Red Nose Day sweepstake poster and ask friends and family to pay to guess.
and of course, you can buy a Red Nose!
What is Comic Relief?
This huge charity event has been taking place for over 30 years and it aims to bring people of the UK together to help those in need. Red Nose Day is where people do something funny for money. You might have also heard of Sport Relief, which is where people do a sporting challenge to raise money.
Thanks to your donations, Comic Relief is able to support amazing projects and organisations who are making a difference for people across the UK and around the world.
All year-round, the money donated to Comic Relief works hard to support some incredible projects making a change to people's lives across the UK and around the world. In fact, over a two year period, Comic Relief funding has helped to support 11.7 million people.
Whether you donate through Red Nose Day, Sport Relief or to Comic Relief at any other time of year, your donations make a very real difference to people in the UK and around the world.