If your child loves playing hairdresser but you'd like to avoid the inevitable wonky haircut or missing eyebrow that may come from children trying to style themselves, kids styling heads are a fabulous solution. After all, the best toys are those that align with your child's interests.
Creativity is at the core of any child's development, which is why it's essential to encourage and show interest in their creative expression. This creativity could show itself in a love for painting or drawing, role play, or in this case hair and make-up.
Apart from providing hours of endless fun, experimenting with hairstyles and make-up is a great way for little ones to get creative through play, plus, it improves their motor skills and dexterity skills.
• Best for travel: Barbie Mini Blonde Styling Head
• Best for practicing nail art and afro styling: Barbie Sparkle Deluxe Styling Head-Afro Hair
• Best for accessories: LOL Surprise OMG Styling Head with Stick-on Hair
Your little one can spend their days styling their favourite Disney princess or Barbie doll using clips, bows, eyeshadows, creating a range of looks. So, to help you out, we've scoured the internet for the best kids styling heads currently on the market. Shop our top picks below!
Best kids styling heads:
Best for Moana fans
With beautiful thick locks, Moana is the perfect princess to style and accessorize. She comes with
- Kids will lbe able to use their creativity and imaginationartive skills, to create sdifferent hairstyles.
- Fun to create a pretend hair stylist salon.
- Smaller in size.
Best styling head for makeup
For the aspiring little make-up artist, the Theo Klein doll will let your young one learn to apply
- This styling head is perfect for little hairdressers and make-up artists.
- The lip gloss, eye shadow and blusher have been dermatologically tested.
- Hair is very thin.
Best for LOL fans
If your tot is obsessed with LOL Surprise dolls, this styling head is perfect, and it comes
- Each styling head comes with a unique hairstyle,
- Hair is colourful hair, and includes adorable hair clips.
- Not suitable for under 4 year olds.
Best for travel
You can never go wrong with the classic Barbie. This version is smaller, so ideal if your child is
- Perfect for brushing and creating different designs
- Can comb, plait and style uniquely.
- Style head is extremely small.
Best for Anna fans
What Elsa is complete without her Anna? Choosing from a range of accessories including hair clips,
- Anna styling head has long red hair.
- Kids can use the brush to create fun snd creative hairstyles.
- Only suitable from 36 months - 10 years
Best for accessories
Suitable for ages three and upwards, this Royal Bee styling head comes with 14 hairpieces for so
- Rub an ice cube across Royal Bee's face to reveal a fabulous colour change makeover.
- Styling head swivels for easy styling and includes a drawer to store accessories
- Not suitable for children under 36 months.
Best styling head with multicolour hair
This magical styling head is great for tie dye and barbie fans, who love pastel looking colours.
- Barbie has wavy fantasy hair in shades of pastel blue and lavender.
- Kids can wear the extensions, clips and barrettes.
- Not suitable for under 3's.
Best for Rapunzel fans
Gresat as a birthday present, the Disney Princess Rapunzel Styling Head makes a wonderful
- Kids will love using their own initiatives and creativity to form stunning up-dos
- You can mix and match sparkly hair accessories
- Only suitable for preschoolers and upwards.
Mummy to a little girl, Adejumoke Ilori is Commercial Content Writer for Mother&Baby. With a BA hon in Creative Writing, she has worked for digital platforms, where she has empowered women from the inside and out, by sharing real life stories based on relationships, loving yourself and mummyhood.