Making bath time an enjoyable and relaxing experience for both parents and baby alike. It provides an opportunity to interact, play, and communicate with your baby. It also gives baby a relaxing but thrilling sensory experience when using the best baby bath products. So, the last thing you need is to feel worried about the support factor of your baby bath. We've rounded up the best baby bathtubs and seats so you can bathe your baby with ease.
Choosing your baby bath
To create the best cleaning environment for you and your child, you need a baby bath with good support - but that's not the only thing to look out for. Here are some other factors to take into consideration when looking for the best baby bathtubs and seats:
Easy to clean
What age it's suitable for
If it can fit in your sink
Resistance and durability
Comfortable smooth shape
A plug at the base to easily drain out the water
A hook or a suction cup so you can hang it in the bathroom
Thick BPA-free plastic for stability
Slip-resistant backing to keep it from moving
Important: avoid any inflatable tub or any foam cushions.
The latest baby bath tech
The most modern update in the baby bath world is the super-bath that has the built-in capacity to keep the water warmer for longer. Realistically speaking, this might be a bit of an excessive demand with most parents just wanting a safe and comfortable baby bath. Most of these baths are plastic so keep an eye out for BPA-free ones.
As mentioned above, it's imperative to decide how long you want to use the baby bath, as some baby baths are only for the first few months. Most baths, though, can last you till the baby is well over one year old so if this is what you prefer, check out the infant-to-toddler tubs, so you can use them for longer.
In addition, some of the best baby bathtubs and seats have plastic slots to hold baby toiletries which you might find handy. Another extra feature is a temperature indicator. If you travel, opting for a foldable baby bath could also make life that much easier.
How much does a baby bath cost?
The most common and suitable baby bath models on the market right now range between £20-£50, but some state-of-the-art baby baths with lots of fancy features can cost well over £100. Have a look at our list below to find the best one for you.
13 best baby bathtubs and seats UK 2023
Best durable and lightweight bath support
This little product from Angelcare really does make bath time easier, which is why it was
- Ergonomically designed
- Soft to touch
- One of our parent testers found it to be a little bulky
Best for easy storage
Munchkin's Sit & Soak Baby Tub ensures your baby will be sitting safely in an upright position
- Non-slip design with built-in support bump to keep baby safe
- Space-saving design
- Padded foam backrest
- Some customers said it was smaller than they expected
Best multi-stage bathtub
This Boon baby bath is brilliant if you regularly take your baby with you on your travels. It's
- Can be used from newborn to toddler
- Comes with rotating support braces for secure positioning
- Some customer reviewers wished it was deeper
Best fun design bathtub
Why get a regular baby bath, when you can buy an inflatable duck tub from Munchkin? Although this
- Fun design
- Textured base helps prevent slipping
- Comes with eight farmyard bath toys that make noises in water
- One of our parent testers wished it had a built-in support for little ones like other bathtubs
This super stylish white and grey bath by Nuby will make bathtime far less daunting. It has
- Curved design with an anti-slip base to keep the bath in place
- Built-in seat prevents baby from sliding down
- Optimum water level indicator
- Some customer reviewers felt it was a bit small
Best turquoise baby bath
Compact and lightweight, this OKBaby Onda baby bath has a sloping backrest and a body support post
- Anti-slip rubber caps at the bottom for stability
- Ergonomic design with in-between leg support
- Built-in digital thermometer so you can easily see the temperature
- Turquoise colour is a lot pricier compared to the grey and white colours
Best seat for babies between 7 and 16 months
Suitable for bathing and showering little ones between seven and 16 months, the Rotho Babydesign
- Easy to use and clean
- Made of high-quality plastic
- BPA free
- Some reviewers thought the suction feet could be more grippy
Best ergonomically designed bath seat
We've already featured the Angelcare Soft Bath Support in this guide, but if you're looking for a
- Hygienic and mould-resistant material
- Seat is designed with support, comfort and safety in mind
- Material warms quickly to body and bath water temperature
- Some reviewers had difficulty getting bigger babies in and out
Best whale-shaped baby bathtub
How adorable is this baby bath?! We love how it's shaped to look like a whale. As well as looking
- Dual layered mesh securely cradles baby from head to toe
- Inside sling can be removed when little one is ready to sit up
- Has a swivel hook for hanging on a showerhead or towel bar
- Some reviewers mentioned it was hard to get the warning labels off when it first arrived
Perfect for bathing at home or while you're travelling, this Glenmore bathtub is collapsible and
- Comes with a soft bath cushion
- Can be hung and stored without taking up room once folded
- Has rubber feet and a clip you can attached to your bath for stability
- Some reviewers found it hard to put it up and down
Best three-in-one bathtub
Not just a baby bath, this handy device from Aqua Scale can also be used as a scale for weighing
- Water thermometer automatically checks bath water temperature
- Can be used with or without water to quickly check baby's weight
- Anti-slip insert keeps baby in ideal bathing position
- One or two reviewers found the scales to be a little inaccurate
Best bath support for newborns
Another great option from Nuby is this bath support. The grey material inside will feel super soft
- Made from super durable material so it holds its shape
- Ergonomically designed for comfort and safety
- It's not ideal for older children who can sit up
This Bebeconfort seat has a unique 360 rotation with an ergonomically shaped backrest. The four
- Designed for children 6-12 months
- Swivel seat makes it easier to fully wash your little one
- Suction pads ensure it doesn't move
- Only suitable for children aged 6 to 12 months
Best baby bathtubs and seats FAQs
Why use baby bathtubs and seats?
A baby bath is a product specifically designed to help you to bathe your baby.
Baby baths are tailored to provide extra safety and support that make sure the baby has the correct posture, securing the baby in place so there's no risk of them slipping around or going under the water. They're safe for babies, put parents at ease, and reduce the stress at bath time.
Even though some parents prefer to bathe their baby in the bathroom sink, it's much more likely for your little one to slip around and potentially have an accident without a proper baby bath. That's why getting the best baby bathtubs and seats are a surefire way to make sure bath time is a safe and fun experience.
There are many types of baby baths, from simple baby baths to more elaborate, fancy ones, and you can have fun choosing which one is best for you.
A baby should never be left unattended in the bath, no matter how safe and secure the baby bath is.
Important points about bathing safety
Never leave your baby unattended in the bath.
Always check the temperature of the water before putting your baby in. The water should be at the recommended temperature of 36-37 degrees Celsius. You can buy a bath thermometerto make sure it's at the right temperature.
Avoid using inflatable neck rings (or any kind of neck rings), they have not been thoroughly tested.
Never pick up the bathtub with your baby inside.